Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fourteen days and counting...

I will be arriving back at home in precisely two weeks. Come armed at the airport with pesto, raw fruits and veggies and potable tap water please :-)

P.S. I forgot to mention that I sneezed while waiting for the train the other day. For those of you who have heard me sneeze, you know how odd and "dainty" it is. As Indians tend to hide no bodily function whatsoever (they spit, sneeze, pee, burp, fart, gulp down tea, etc. in public and without any restraint), my seemingly repressed sneeze came probably as quite a shock to them. Most Indians nearly create earthquakes when they sneeze (I've been woken up on the train once when a guy near me sneezed) and I probably looked, well, ridiculous.

P.P.S. I had a private tea with the Queen (of Jodhpur) today. It was lovely and we talked all about the problems in the region, my work at Veerni and got into an extensive discussion about the role of family in India versus the U.S. It was also thrilling to enter the palace (it is spectacular, despite the number of stuffed tigers adorning the walls).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

queen of jodhpur?! how on earth did you manage that??

i know exactly what you mean. the very first thing that i did when coming home was eating a huge bowl of salad! woo! [i also missed pesto! hummus too!]