Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bollywood gives me unrealistic expectations about love...

Our Saturday would not have been complete without a Bollywood movie, so we headed to a nearby cinema and caught a screening of Mere Baap Pehle Aap, a comedy about a father who, with his son's help, reunites with his long lost love and gets married again. Though it was all in Hindi, it was extremely fascinating to watch and, due to the over the top acting, it was usually pretty clear what was going on. The musical numbers that randomly pop up were especially entertaining. One thing remains however: the India shown in Bollywood is not an India I have yet to encounter. Supposedly they are all filmed overseas, but even so. The India on-screen (filled with tanktops and iphones) is scandalous, wealthy, and reminiscent of South Beach. Very strange...

Among the astrologer's predictions for me, he said that I will be falling in love in the next year. Well, a word of advice to whomever chooses to woo me: You must now have a) a catchy song, b) a choreographed dance and most importantly, c) a posse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. I think those have always been my criteria. We can hold auditions together!